The Importance of Responsive Mobile Website Design
You need to be aware of a new policy google is enforcing regarding responsive mobile website design.
As of April 21st, 2015, if your website is not set up for responsive mobile design, (or compatible on your smartphone) your website will be penalized and sent lower on the list of the google’s search results.
While websites that are mobile friendly, will benefit from this new policy and their search rankings will automatically become higher.
This is a very important time to get your site updated to be mobile friendly, and not irritate your site visitors, thus running them off to a competitor, with an unusable website.
Smartphones represent a huge chunk of digital marketing in today’s world and this will allow you to reach more people, faster.
Your companies marketing will be easier to manage and your traffic levels will sky rocket.
Statistics of responsive mobile website design:
- More than 20 percent of Google searches are now being performed on some sort of mobile device.
- In 2012 more than half of all local business searches were done on a mobile device.
- 25 percent of Internet users only access the internet via a mobile device in the United States.
- 25 percent of all emails are opened on mobile phones, with another 10 percent being opened on tablets.
- In 2014 mobile Internet usage overtook desktop usage.
Not only is the internet being browsed more than it has ever been, but now is being used to surf social media outlets, shop, learn, and everything in between. Google is recommending that everyone with a website make it compatible.
After all, they are the biggest search engine in the world.
Is your company in need of responsive mobile website design?
142 Web Studio specializes in responsive mobile website design. Let our team create a mobile friendly website that your visitors will rave about on social media.
Fill out the form on the right to request a quote and let’s get to work!